The Red Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fantasy movies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female
Number of posts : 546
Humor : Bossy
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Fantasy movies Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy movies   Fantasy movies EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:11 pm

After seeing Lord of the Rings several times, i've become a sucker for fantasy. Unfortunately, there are not many movies of the same kind (for example I've seen a Dungeons & Dragons movie and I've been very disappointed, elves do NOT have dark hair sleep).
So can anyone recommend me something, please?
Back to top Go down
https://theredinn.forumotion.com
Linn Scarlett
Newcomer
Linn Scarlett

Female
Number of posts : 33
Job/hobbies : Archaeologist
Humor : Bleak to Dark
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Fantasy movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy movies   Fantasy movies EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 10:03 pm

Pan's Labyrinth. But that is more dark WWII gothic than real Fantasy I get. *walks to her DvD stacks yet again* Let me see.

Nope. Nothing of Lord of the Ring proportions. There should be, I have seen a few, but I can't name them and I don't own them so. To be continued. I hope. I have more gothic fantasy movies though, bordering on the paranormal. Such as Pan's Labyrinth and Lady in the Water.

Oh! You could try the mini-series The Tenth Kingdom! Its hilarious and a comedy-romance I guess. Let me tell you the werewolf and lame jokes are worth it. If you need any books, I'd start some DnD. I rather like Dragonlance myself (they're making graphic novels! Want!) or Salvatores Drow series if you're more into the dark stuff (I gots the graphic novel series toos! Jeeej!). The last really good book I read was "Dead Girls are Easy", a teen bob by Terri Garey. Read it in one sit, was hilarious. :)
Back to top Go down

Fantasy movies
Page 1 of 1