The Red Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vampires on screen

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female
Number of posts : 546
Humor : Bossy
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Vampires on screen Empty
PostSubject: Vampires on screen   Vampires on screen EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 3:50 pm

Being a big fan of vampires myself, I just wanted to say how much "Twilight" sucks big time. If that daywalking wannabe is a vampire, then I'm Xena, the warrior princess. He doesn't even look like a vampire, but more like an anemic blonde emokid.
Lestat so rules sleep (i'm talking about Stuart Townsend's interpretation, although he's sort of posing - "Look at me playing the sexeh vampire" - rather than Tom Cruise's stupid, cruel, retarded character. On the other side, I don't even like Tom Cruise, so meh).

So besides the Anne Rice based Queen of the Damned that I'd give an 8 (in my vampire movies top) and Interview with a Vampire that gets a 0,5 (and not just zero, thanks to Claudia's character - Brad Pitt looks as vampirish as the twilighter), other vampire movies I've seen were:

• Underworld 1 & 2 - 9,50/10, me like nod
  • Van Helsing - interesting vampire transformation (Dracula's brides) and a sexy evil Dracula - 9,50/10
  • John Carpenter's Vampires (1998) - sucked big time - 3/ 10
  • Vampires Anonymous - the worse, most pathetic, ridiculous and retarded vampire movie ever - 0/10
  • Dracula 2000 - gets a 6/10 thanks to the sexy vampire (well, it was Gerard Butler drool )
Back to top Go down
https://theredinn.forumotion.com
loky
Newcomer

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Vampires on screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampires on screen   Vampires on screen EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:42 am

Queen of the Damned sucks big time!!! It can't even be comared with the book tongue
Back to top Go down
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female

Vampires on screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampires on screen   Vampires on screen EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 3:00 pm

I know, it contains elements from 2 books and it didn't even respect the way Lestat was created (and a lot more stuff). But I'm speaking from the point of view of someone that doesn't know Anne Rice Wink And Lestat is sexy Razz
Back to top Go down
loky
Newcomer

Male
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Vampires on screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampires on screen   Vampires on screen EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 3:53 pm

i couldn't see the movie the way u see it.. i was so dazzled by the differencies between book and movie that i didn't notice if the movie was well made or the actors played well and the others..
Back to top Go down
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female

Vampires on screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampires on screen   Vampires on screen EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 8:31 pm

thanks heavens i read the books after the movie then Laughing
but in my case, each time i read the book before the movie, it ruins it for me. It was the case of, for example, Harry Potter
Back to top Go down
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female

Vampires on screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampires on screen   Vampires on screen EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 4:58 pm

oh, did i mention Twilight za movie sucked? no pun intended, it really did, was worse than anything i've seen. and stuffed with clichés thumb down
Back to top Go down
Linn Scarlett
Newcomer
Linn Scarlett

Female
Job/hobbies : Archaeologist
Humor : Bleak to Dark
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Vampires on screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampires on screen   Vampires on screen EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 9:58 pm

Hm. Alright. Here goes.

• Underworld 1 & 2 - I have to say, I haven't really looked at the vampires. I was too busy staring at Lucian through my tear-rimmed eyes. Even more so in the second movie. Though the elders were insanely awesome, true. Loved the little winks at the Draculae-Corvinus historical hate. We all know the wolf and raven tangled quite a few times.
    Van Helsing - Again, I must say, I was too taken by certain peoples big black laberador change-overs. On the other hand, the transformations were awesome! Not really classic-vampire style but still pretty darn cool. Seeing as I am used to the Count doing that stuff in the Castlevania games I didn't hate it unlike all the little fangirls.

Perfect Creature - half the movie I was really wonder wether it was about vampires or just some weird disease...

Blood & Chocolate - thrown off guard by the title, as I thought it was a movie of my favourite Werewolf-tween-book Blood & Chocolate, it turned out to be a vamp movie of the same make. It's like the should-be version of Twillight. Teen drama but with a right amount of guts and cross-clan love.

Blood Rayne movies - more of the above, though it was pretty nice. I'd say thumbs up for the tween feel. Not every teenbased Vampire movie is a Twillight

Dracula 2000 - To be honest I've only seen Butlers ass while watching this movie.

Bram Stoker's Dracula - the movie with Oldman. Need I say more? The look might be a little on the soft side for most, we don't get the chance to see the Counts more bitchy side -the movie is pretty much all about his miserably failed sex life- but thats ok. I really like the way Oldman is able to sketch the emotionally strong points of the book even though its no where near a good rendering of the original story. Mina and he form a terribly cute duo of whom you really feel sorry with that he got staked. The end is hollywood-proof-dramatic. But then again, the original story I was crying over the Count dying too. So. But that could be because I was vividly imagining Vlad... and Denisie can tell you all that bad shit happens when THAT happens to the Linn... Geh. :3

I've seen like a kazillion other vampire movies but I really can't think of them now.
    Oh that one movie with -was it?- Eddy Murphy as the Count. That one is HI-LA-RI-OUS xD
  • Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Vampires on screen Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Vampires on screen   Vampires on screen Empty

Back to top Go down

Vampires on screen
    Page 1 of 1