The Red Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why don't men care about their clothes?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female
Number of posts : 546
Humor : Bossy
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Why don't men care about their clothes? Empty
PostSubject: Why don't men care about their clothes?   Why don't men care about their clothes? EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 5:24 am

As a continuation of a little chat with Ranger, there came this topic:
why don't men (or most of them, emokids don't count) care about what they put on? I mean, most of the guys I know, except those that have serious jobs that require elegant clothes, don't really look at what they put on.
Is that genetic or just lazyness? hmmm
Back to top Go down
https://theredinn.forumotion.com
Angel In Red
Newcomer
Angel In Red

Female
Number of posts : 36
Job/hobbies : Overseas Senior Administrator of a Training Company, my i sound posh. XDD
Humor : Itching to read new L.J Smith Book thats what.

PostSubject: Re: Why don't men care about their clothes?   Why don't men care about their clothes? EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 4:42 pm

Absolute lazyness. Really can't be bothered to make an effort can they? Rather appear dirty and like a cheap dog. *Shrugs*

Then they ask, 'Oh why oh why does that guy/girl not look at me'

Hmm. Maybe if you looked human?
Back to top Go down
http://www.elftown.com
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why don't men care about their clothes?   Why don't men care about their clothes? EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 4:54 pm

Not only human, but look like you do care about your look. In the prehistory, women were chosing the guy that hunted the most and had the biggest muscles; now we still want you to look good. Because, if you look like you can't take care of yourself, how could you take care of us?
Back to top Go down
Peregrinn
Newcomer
Peregrinn

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Why don't men care about their clothes?   Why don't men care about their clothes? EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 6:24 pm

It's funny how in this sort of discussions about men, it's usually only women that do the talking.

I, for one, care about my clothing. I just don't follow any fashion trends.
Back to top Go down
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why don't men care about their clothes?   Why don't men care about their clothes? EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 6:33 pm

you're an exception grin

Quote :
It's funny how in this sort of discussions about men, it's usually only women that do the talking

well doh, because men don't realize they have a problem Laughing
Back to top Go down
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why don't men care about their clothes?   Why don't men care about their clothes? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 5:30 pm

still waiting the opinions of the few men we have around here...
Back to top Go down
Peregrinn
Newcomer
Peregrinn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why don't men care about their clothes?   Why don't men care about their clothes? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 5:41 pm

What? Mine's not good enough for ya?
I think women think men are sloppy just so they can have a reason to chop our balls off...
Back to top Go down
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why don't men care about their clothes?   Why don't men care about their clothes? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 5:44 pm

now tell me one reason we'd want to have ball-less boyfriends suspect
Back to top Go down
Peregrinn
Newcomer
Peregrinn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why don't men care about their clothes?   Why don't men care about their clothes? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 5:54 pm

It's a figure of speech, honey :p
Bust our chops, beat our heads up about it, nag, nag, nag...
Back to top Go down
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why don't men care about their clothes?   Why don't men care about their clothes? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 5:58 pm

nothing that can't be avoid by paying a bit of attention to your look grin without becoming metrosexual of course, because I wouldn't feek ok next to a man that has more cosmetics than I do, and that spends more time in front of the window than me lmao
Back to top Go down
trennas
Admin
trennas

Male
Number of posts : 179
Job/hobbies : Writer, Photographer, Pirate
Humor : I has it!
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Why don't men care about their clothes?   Why don't men care about their clothes? EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 1:51 pm

there is nothing even remotely metrosexual about taking care of yourself; its perfectly normal.. i cant speak for most other men on the face of the planet, but i guess it has to do with some kind of laziness and not caring.. like "why bother working out when i watch tv with a beer in my hand?"

im not like that at all. Im not specifically concerned with how i look, but i do keep a steady exterior maintainance.. the only thing i dont like to do is shave, because i still prefer a bearded chin than an irritation rash.. thats what you get with sensitive skin XD but I'll shave for really important occassions, usually a few days ahead so i have that nonchalant look going on:p

now, on the topic of clothing, i do care about it XD in the past seven years or so i really found that earth colors are my colors.. most of my clothes are therefore in the green/brown/blue/grey/brown/black area.. they look good on me, and thats all i need to know. I wish i had more money to spend on clothing though (i still need a nice suit!) but i dont.. most of my clothing is a mix and match from various larger/affordable stores.. cant help that, at least not until i get a steady job:p

most of the time, when i want to look *good* for lesser special occassions, I combine my nice clothes with my nonchalant ones, which seems to work for me.. like, wearing my black blouse over my everyday pants and Vans..
Back to top Go down
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why don't men care about their clothes?   Why don't men care about their clothes? EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 6:09 pm

aplause
I'm glad there's still hope for the mankind Laughing
Back to top Go down
trennas
Admin
trennas

Male
Number of posts : 179
Job/hobbies : Writer, Photographer, Pirate
Humor : I has it!
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Why don't men care about their clothes?   Why don't men care about their clothes? EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 4:37 pm

great, now you make me feel like Luke Skywalker black eye "That boy is our only hope.."
Back to top Go down
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why don't men care about their clothes?   Why don't men care about their clothes? EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 9:15 pm

should i have said manhood then? tease
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why don't men care about their clothes?   Why don't men care about their clothes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why don't men care about their clothes?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Red Inn :: The Main Room :: Stories, discussions, easy talk-
Jump to: