The Red Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can a man and a woman be just friends?

Go down 
5 posters

Yes
Can a man and a woman be just friends? Vote_lcap86%Can a man and a woman be just friends? Vote_rcap
 86% [ 6 ]
No
Can a man and a woman be just friends? Vote_lcap0%Can a man and a woman be just friends? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Possibly, it depends on [say what]
Can a man and a woman be just friends? Vote_lcap14%Can a man and a woman be just friends? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
I don't know/ I never tried
Can a man and a woman be just friends? Vote_lcap0%Can a man and a woman be just friends? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female
Number of posts : 546
Humor : Bossy
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Can a man and a woman be just friends? Empty
PostSubject: Can a man and a woman be just friends?   Can a man and a woman be just friends? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 6:53 pm

Most people are sceptical about it, because they say that sexual attraction will ruin the friendship at one moment or another (probably we should talk about fuck buddies sometimes, too).
Personally, I've always had male friends, and even best friends, so I do think this is possible.
Back to top Go down
https://theredinn.forumotion.com
Jitter
Newcomer
Jitter

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Can a man and a woman be just friends?   Can a man and a woman be just friends? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 7:16 pm

I have male friends. Nothing close. The one we were very very close ditched me because I got engaged and "moved into the grownups land"

Yeah I know. Mature.

I guess my gay best friend doesn't count..?
Back to top Go down
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can a man and a woman be just friends?   Can a man and a woman be just friends? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 12:51 pm

Haha, guess not, cause it's almost like a female friend Laughing I used to had one too, until I moved to France and lose contact sad
Anyway, what I wanted to say was that gay friends don't count for women, because most of the people seem to say that sexual attraction and/ or love is what ruins a friendship between a man and a woman.

P.S. It's nevertheless so relaxing to talk to a man and not see him drooling due to some thought that you wouldn't want to know Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jitter
Newcomer
Jitter

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Can a man and a woman be just friends?   Can a man and a woman be just friends? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 7:24 pm

BWehehehhehehe

My husband is my best friend but I think he doesn't count either Razz
Back to top Go down
shaki
Newcomer

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Can a man and a woman be just friends?   Can a man and a woman be just friends? EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 6:55 pm

i'd say yes. i have very good male friends, nothing sexual had been implied, ever :)
Back to top Go down
trennas
Admin
trennas

Male
Number of posts : 179
Job/hobbies : Writer, Photographer, Pirate
Humor : I has it!
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Can a man and a woman be just friends?   Can a man and a woman be just friends? EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 7:02 pm

From a man's point of view:

Yes, it's very possible. It's not like men are instantly attracted to EVERY woman they meet, let alone be friends with.. Quite a shocker, I know, but its true. :p
Back to top Go down
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can a man and a woman be just friends?   Can a man and a woman be just friends? EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 7:09 pm

Well as shoking as it is, most of them ARE attracted to me, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't have any male friend Razz They seem to overcome their need to do less friendly things to me lmao
Back to top Go down
Linn Scarlett
Newcomer
Linn Scarlett

Female
Number of posts : 33
Job/hobbies : Archaeologist
Humor : Bleak to Dark
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Can a man and a woman be just friends?   Can a man and a woman be just friends? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 10:24 pm

I have various guy friends I am just friends with. It's possible as long as you both are -and stay- mutiually uninterested in eachother in a sexual way.

We should also talk sometimes about boyfriend-to-friend thing. I heard that's a myth but I am managing pretty well with at least two of my ex-boyfriends.

And yea Denniesie, we SHOULD discuss fuck-buddies sometimes :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can a man and a woman be just friends?   Can a man and a woman be just friends? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1