The Red Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Normal make-up VS mineral make-up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Saray
Newcomer
Saray

Female
Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : I shoot people online. :P
Humor : I has it!
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Normal make-up VS mineral make-up Empty
PostSubject: Normal make-up VS mineral make-up   Normal make-up VS mineral make-up EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 6:28 pm

Haha, let's make a girly topic here, all about good make-up! I love make-up :)
And not just any make-up, but mineral make-up.

The benefacts of wearing make-up on mineral basis are quite impressive, or so it is told.

For example; normal facial powders always contain a certain amount of talcpowder. Talc clogs the pores and can cause impurities, but it does make a powder feel velvety soft. If you wear low quality and cheap powders, they can cause you to break out badly. REAL badly.
Mineral make-up on the other hand, does not contain talc, and it does not clog the pores. It can actually improve the quality of the skin over time.

Now, wouldn't that all be wonderful?
I'm currently using a sheer MAC powder in the lightest color (sooo hard to find the right color), and I'm quite happy with the quality, but the prices are insane. That and in the end it still cloggs up the pores.
So I popped me a can of Google and got to this site;

www.everydayminerals.com

Okay, interesting. Affordable, lot's of shades in powders, concealers and foundations and the option to assemble your own kit for an even better price. Also, the FREE test kit option.
I've ordered a test kit and only had to pay for the shipping, which was like 5 dollars/2.something euro's. I've yet to recieve it, but when I do I'll test and report, haha.

So, hopefully this'll turn into something I can recommend everyone, because I really love having healthy, clean skin. Powders are fun and all, but after a little touch-up during the day it starts feeling layered way too soon, no matter how sheer it's described to be.

Post anything that you've experienced using either kind of make-up, skin problems it's causing etc.
Back to top Go down
http://weerwolfje.wordpress.com
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female
Number of posts : 546
Humor : Bossy
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Normal make-up VS mineral make-up   Normal make-up VS mineral make-up EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 6:37 pm

I'd be interested to try this mineral powder you talk about, because I don't like the sensation I have after a day of wearing usual make-up (I feel my skin dry and charged, kinda like an argile mask in a light way).
I try to avoid skin problems by washing up my face really well after I de-makeup with a cleansing gel (either Nivea's Young gel, but a bit too effective, my skin is so dry afterwards that I have to put hydrating cream right after; or my favourite, Avon's Planet Spa gel with minerals that cleans up really nice and is more delicate).
Yet, the feeling of powder after a while of wearing it can become quite annoying after some time, so I started avoiding using it as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
https://theredinn.forumotion.com
Saray
Newcomer
Saray

Female
Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : I shoot people online. :P
Humor : I has it!
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Normal make-up VS mineral make-up   Normal make-up VS mineral make-up EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 8:32 pm

I'm expecting to recieve my test kit this monday or a few days later, I'll let you know how different it is.
I have the problem that my skin can go oily during the day (I have mixed skin, my fronthead, nose and chin go oily, my cheeks are normally dryish), and powder usually minimizes the problem, but it builds up. Usually when I touch up, I remove the old powder with a tissue and re-apply so it doesn't build up that much.

I've used that Nivea young scrub thing, but it killllls my skin because it's too agressive. Now I have something else from Nivea that is way more gentle :)
Back to top Go down
http://weerwolfje.wordpress.com
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female
Number of posts : 546
Humor : Bossy
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Normal make-up VS mineral make-up   Normal make-up VS mineral make-up EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 12:54 am

I have the same type of skin, it can be a pain in the butt sometimes...
And I try using the nivea gel only when there's too much sebum, it's really aggressive indeed...
Anyway can't wait to know if the mineral powder is better ^^
Back to top Go down
https://theredinn.forumotion.com
princessduck
Newcomer

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Normal make-up VS mineral make-up   Normal make-up VS mineral make-up EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 2:31 pm

Yeah I just had a look on everydayminerals and I wouldn't like to have castor oil on my lips nuh huh , poor little, furry with big teeth, sweet, cute animals. No thanks, I'll pass. Plus corn and tocopherol (vit .E) are pore-clogging so not good for me Mad .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Normal make-up VS mineral make-up   Normal make-up VS mineral make-up Empty

Back to top Go down

Normal make-up VS mineral make-up
Page 1 of 1