The Red Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Writing contests - Theme #1 - Starting from an image

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female
Number of posts : 546
Humor : Bossy
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Writing contests - Theme #1 - Starting from an image Empty
PostSubject: Writing contests - Theme #1 - Starting from an image   Writing contests - Theme #1 - Starting from an image EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 7:29 pm

Here's the image you have to use as theme:

Writing contests - Theme #1 - Starting from an image I1173050135_4

We'll be waiting for the entries smile Have fun!
Back to top Go down
https://theredinn.forumotion.com
Linderel Silverbell
Contest winner
Linderel Silverbell

Female
Number of posts : 53
Humor : odd
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Writing contests - Theme #1 - Starting from an image   Writing contests - Theme #1 - Starting from an image EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am

Someone doesn't have it so well. <_<
For the purposes of this piece it is essential to know that the narrator is also a woman.

Our shadows cast on the pavement at our feet, created by the dim light of the lamps above our heads. Everything was blurry, even the lines where I ended and she began. Looking at our dark reflection I saw we were conjoined, wound together from waist down. I tightened the hold I had on her petite hands, cold from the chill of late autumn. Footsteps that were not ours, whispers that neither of us wanted to hear, echoed around us. Someone threw a cigarette stump out of the window a car speeding by. It landed next to her shoe, and I followed the tail lights with my gaze, overtaken by a sudden, irrational hatred. Because of this twisted world, we would never have our perfect fairytale - only fragments of happiness that would drown in the dark too easily. I turned to her, inhaling her lovely scent, and didn't even feel when the first stone hit the back of my head.
Back to top Go down
Esk
Innkeeper
Esk

Female
Number of posts : 546
Humor : Bossy
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Writing contests - Theme #1 - Starting from an image   Writing contests - Theme #1 - Starting from an image EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 9:44 pm

I take her in my arms and, eyes closed, I breathe in the honey perfume of her hair, the peach smell of her skin, and I dream. She keeps taking more and more photos. She insisted for the late walk and, like every time, I couldn’t resist her.

I love her, I love her very much, with the force and despair of an orphelin puppy, I love her like my child, my sister, my friend, my lover. I love her smooth voice and the eyes of the colour of chestnuts, I love her curls of melted bronze and her body with the curves of peaches and the skin just as sweet, I love her smile of child that insists to believe in a pink world, I love her name of a spoiled girl, short but sweet, Ann…

I open my eyes and look at our shadows close together. She laughs: “looks like they’re in love!” Eh, Ann, if only you knew… But she doesn’t know anything, for her we’re just good friends that do everything together. Our cuddles are just friendly, the eager way that I accomplish her wishes, the same. If she wakes up at night and surprises me watching her, she thinks I cannot sleep and she tells me stories. If I want to hug her, she comes with pleasure and she lets herself be pampered like a kitten, waiting for me to play with her hair. I would tell her more, but I’m afraid of seeing her fly away, with the same birdlike smooth moves she has when she comes in my arms. Because Ann has been taught to be straight, she has been taught that loving another woman is wrong, dirty.

I cannot take my eyes away from our enlaced shadows. For a few moments, somehow, somewhere, we are together, in love, I kiss her warm, perfumed neck, I tell her I love her, I caress her sweet, soft skin. But not here, not now.

I put my head on her shoulder and whisper: “let’s go home now”.
Back to top Go down
https://theredinn.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing contests - Theme #1 - Starting from an image   Writing contests - Theme #1 - Starting from an image Empty

Back to top Go down

Writing contests - Theme #1 - Starting from an image
Page 1 of 1